Jump to the main content block

03.After I apply to the university, can I change the residence permit for studying Chinese to a residence permit for studying at a university?

Remarks: In principle, yes, but you must prepare the following documents for the Consular Affairs Bureau of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for changes before the expiration of the residence period. But please note that whether the conversion is possible will be dependent upon the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and may not be successful.

1. University admission letter

2. CLEC’s school certificates, absence records, and student ID.

3.Visa application

4.Two photos

5.Original and photocopy of passport.

6.Original medical report.

7.Proof of financial resources (at least NT$150,000).

8.The original and photocopy of the highest degree certificate (must be verified by the local foreign office).

9.University registration payment notice.

Click Num: