07. I have a residence permit to work in Taiwan, but I am out of work now. Can I change it to a residence permit for studying Chinese?

No, it is not possible to apply for visas for different purposes in Taiwan. You must provide to the center

(1) an admission letter and

(2) other visa application related documents.

Then leave Taiwan and apply for a Chinese study visa at Taiwan’s embassy or office overseas.